This week we’re looking into another feature that most starters haven’t touched before :
“SnowSQL is the command line client for connecting to Snowflake to execute SQL queries and perform all DDL and DML operations, including loading data into and unloading data out of database tables.” (https://docs.snowflake.com/en/user-guide/snowsql.html)
This week, we’re going to ask you to use it for one of the features that it’s best known for however: the Bulk loading feature.
You’ve been asked to upload some files into a table and the Sales Manager said that “it’ll only take you about 2 minutes”.
So we’re pretty clear that it’ll take us at least 15 .
The challenge :
- Download the zip file containing the CSV files here
- Download and install SnowSQL on your machine from this page
- Connect to your Snowflake instance with SnowSQL
- Bulk load the files ending with a ‘1’ (data_batch_1-1.csv, data_batch_1-11.csv etc.)
- skip any erroneous file
The desired result should look like this :
Remember, if you want to participate:
- Sign up as a member of Frosty Friday. You can do this by clicking on the sidebar, and then going to ‘REGISTER‘
- Post your code to GitHub and make it publicly available (Check out our guide if you don’t know how to here)
- Post the URL in the comments of the challenge